Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Turkey Burgers

Dinner was served. After much consideration (or at least, a little), I ended up putting some dinner on the table. The kids each had a hot dog (yuck), and my husband and I had turkey burgers on wheat rolls.

Normally I insist we all eat the same thing -- unless it's a bizarre food. Tonight I just didn't have it in me.

The burgers are so easy! Here's the simple recipe:

1 package ground turkey
1/4 cup dried Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan

I made 4 large burgers with this mix. I had frozen three last week, and then I defrosted them tonight in the microwave. I fried them in a little spray olive oil in a non-stick pan. Cook on moderate heat until internal temperature is 170 degrees. The top and bottom of the burgers get nice and crunchy. Fabulous!

It's an overly simple idea... It's just what I was in the mood for. We had some sliced red peppers and baby carrots with dip for our veggie.

No comments: