Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Slow Cooker Vegetable Chicken Soup


In my new slow cooker, I made a soup with veggies and split chicken breast that came out quite tasty! It looks pretty, and it must be good for me.

Vegetable Chicken Soup

2 boxes low salt Chicken Broth
1 small onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, diced
1 zucchini, diced
2 handfuls of baby carrots, each cut into 3 pieces
2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
2 split chicken breasts, skin removed
bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste

cooked rice or noodles (Pastina or orzo)
Parmesan cheese

After it is done cooking, remove the bay leaf and the bones, dice the chicken and put it back into the soup. Then stir in your cooked rice or pasta. It also tastes good if you put a few diced potatoes in there at the beginning of cooking it. I cooked mine on low for over 8 hours. Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

hatetheyankees said...

Wow. What a great soup. So many veggies! And I ate it after a long night at the baseball fields. It was only 100 calories, but just what I needed before going to bed.