Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Pesto Margherita Pizza



















Using my new food processor, I made pizza dough. I was amazed by how easy it was! I made a double batch of dough which makes 4 good-sized pizzas. I used a recipe that came with my KitchenAid food processor.

I made two pizzas so far. One is this Pesto Margherita Pizza, and the other one has the standard red sauce and shredded mozzarella.
For the Pesto Margherita Pizza, first I lightly baked the crust for about 5 to 10 minutes. After taking the pizza out of the oven, I spread the pesto, and then I placed sliced tomatoes and fresh mozzarella over it. I baked it at 400 on the bottom shelf of the oven until the crust was nicely browned. I used olive oil on the pan, and then I sprinkled some on top of the tomatoes before it hit the oven.
I recommend you salt your tomatoes and let them release their juices before you place them on the pizza.
Herbed Pizza Dough
1 cup water
2 T olive oil
1 package active dry yeast
Water should be 105 to 115 degrees, then stir in yeast and olive oil until dissolved. Set aside.
With dough blade in word bowl add:
3 cups flour
1 ounce freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 t sugar
3/4 t salt
1/2 t dried basil
Process about 10 seconds. With processor running, slowly add yeast mixture. Process 1 1/2 to 2 minutes; dough will form a ball.
Remove dough to greased bowl, turning dough to grease all sides. Cover; let rise in warm place until double in size, about 45 to 60 minutes.

No comments: