Friday, July 6, 2007

4th of July Bash


We ended up having an extremely fun party on the 4th. The food came out great and the rain held out until the end.
I served the BBQ Beef Brisket (that I had tested a few days before) and it was a hit. My best reviews to date! (Please see July 1st post for recipe.)
We had about 21 adults and 14 kids. It turns out, however, that I bought too much brisket (15 pounds). I just had too many other food choices.
I was surprised how much the brisket cost ($60). I froze some and will bring the leftovers to another party tomorrow. Here's the whole menu.
4th of July Menu:
BBQ Beef Brisket (in rolls)
Sweet Italian Sausage, Onions and Peppers
Meatballs in Marinara
Hot Dogs (for the kids, mostly)
Baked Beans
Zucchini and Tomatoes
Homemade Cole Slaw
Store bought Red Bliss Potato Salad
Garden Salad
For dessert we had sliced watermelon, cheesecake bites and brownies with ice cream.
I spent yesterday cleaning up, for the most part.

So what's the photo of, you ask? My very thoughtful neighbor brought this chicken teriyaki on skewers as an appetizer. I loved how she presented it. There was chicken on one side, and on the other skewers were: green and red peppers, onions, and fresh pineapple. They went like hot cakes! She just marinated the chicken in bottled teriyaki sauce and grilled them. Highly recommended!

No comments: