Sunday, July 22, 2007

Easy Garlic Bread

easy garlic bread



Hi everyone! It's been a few days since I last posted. I haven't done a lot of cooking. The other night we had take out pizza and Greek salad, and last night we went to a party and had burgers.


Tonight we had an easy meal of Buitoni four-cheese ravioli, leftover Greek salad, steamed zucchini and summer squash, and garlic bread.




I make garlic bread the way my Mom always made it when I was a kid. It has buttery garlic taste on both sides of the bread! When I make my garlic bread, however, I use two appliances my mother never used -- the microwave and the toaster oven. Once you've made garlic bread this way, you'll never feel the need to buy frozen garlic bread again (if you ever have). Note: If your bread is extra long, you may need to cut the bread in half or use your oven.



Garlic Bread


In a small dish or custard cup, place about 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Squeeze a clove or two of fresh garlic into the mixture. Microwave on high for 30-second intervals until you can smell the garlic. Optional: before microwaving, you can also add other herbs such as oregano or basil. Grated parmesan is also a nice touch. Next, make vertical slices every inch or so going down the entire length of the bread. Here comes the fun part that kids enjoy doing. Using a brush dipped in your oil mixture, paint the insides of each slice of cut bread. Finally, wrap the yummy-smelling bread in aluminum foil and bake in the toaster oven at 350 degrees until warm. It usually takes about 10 minutes or so.











No comments: