Friday, June 26, 2009

French Toast with Blueberry Sauce

french toast with blueberry sauce

In an attempt to avoid finding yet another pint of fuzzy blueberries in my refrigerator, I decided to make a quick warm blueberry sauce for this week's dinner of French toast with maple-flavored chicken sausage.

It was so easy that I can't believe I haven't made it before. It was decadent and a welcome change from maple syrup. This recipe served three of us nicely.

Blueberry Sauce

1 cup of blueberries (I used fresh, but you can use frozen)
1/4 cup sugar (adjust to taste)
1 T. corn starch
1/4 cup cold water
1/2 t. cinnamon

In saucepan, combine sugar and corn starch. Boil until sugar is dissolved. Add blueberries and cinnamon. Cook for about 8 minutes, watching closely. You may need to add more water if too thick. Would also be yummy to add a tablespoon of butter. Serve over crepes, pancakes, or French toast.

No comments: