Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Cookish - Throw It Together

Cookish is my new favorite cookbook! I have loved America's Test Kitchen for so long. I even applied to work there! Christopher Kimball, the author of this book, founded America's Test Kitchen, but then he created Milk Street.

Watching Milk Street cooking shows is the only thing that gets me on the treadmill every day after school. I am a recipe/cookbook junkie, and I somehow still learn something new every time I watch an episode. 
I love the places they visit and all of the unique spices they use. If you're in a cooking rut, tune in to this show or buy this cookbook!

Last night I made Za'atar Chicken and Eggplant Traybake. I've had a bag of Za'atar in the back of my spice drawer for a while (too long?), and I was so thrilled to be able to use it. I have been missing out not using this spice! The spice has this very cool lemony, sesame seedy taste that is so unique. 

I learned about this spice from Sam's Bakery, in Fall River, MA. They sell delicious meat pies using this spice. 

This spice can be difficult to find in your local grocery store. I highly recommend buying yours from The Spice House. Their prices are unbeatable, and they are the freshest you'll find anywhere. Tip: Always buy flatpacks so you don't have to pay for shipping. 

I'd show a photo of my dinner, but we ate it all before I remembered to snap a photo. This is the spice you need in your life! Za'atar also tastes great sprinkled on hummus (homemade or store bought). 


No comments: